In order to enter in the draw, participants must follow these conditions:
– Play between July 1st and September 30th, 2023
– Use an iPhone to download and use Hello Birdie Golf mobile app
– Play at least 9 holes on a golf course in the same day
– Have created a new round in the mobile app: on “New round” tab
– Have effectively used the mobile app on a golf course after clicking on “Start round” at the beginning of the round, so that the GPS tracks your game. Internet access is needed for this action
– Have input data on your scorecard, during the course or before the end of the round,
– Have digitally signed the scorecard from the mobile app Hello Birdie Golf at the end of the round. Internet access is needed for this action.
Only 1 round per day is considered: no need to play 2x a 9 holes round 😅
How we count the signed scorecards for the draw:
1 signed scorecard = 1 chance of winning
1 signed card while using the virtual caddie with a game plan = 2 chances of winning
As a reminder, a free trial is available to test the virtual caddie
A draw will take place every week, on Thursday at midnight, Paris time.
The final draw will be taken early October, 2023.
The full Rules of the game are written in French and are available here
Why the competition is only for iPhone users?
The Android version is in the final stages of development and is not yet available at the time of the Smarter Golf Trophy announcement. However, if the Android version – also in its “public beta” form – is available during the competition, then all signed rounds will naturally be taken into account.
Is this competition free?
There is no fee to enter the competition, downloading and using Hello Birdie Golf mobile app to track your shots + scorecard is free. You only need to charge your iPhone battery and to play in your preferred golf course. Don’t forget to pay the green fee if required!
Is there any leaderboard to follow the evolution of the participations?
All winners will be determined through the draw and not based on any performance on the golf course. Hence, we won’t publish any leaderboard. Have fun playing golf, and the more you play the more you have chances to win.
Can I play several 9 (or 18…) holes on a single day?
Of course, you can play as many rounds as you want but we will limit the count to 1 per day. And you would need at least 9 holes on your scorecard.
How does Hello Birdie certify that all participants have effectively played their rounds?
Beyond the rules of Etiquette that are followed by every golfer, each played round with Hello Birdie Golf mobile app tracks the GPS route, even while not connected. This GPS route is then transmitted at the time you sign your scorecard: Internet access is needed for this action. This will allow us to determine that every participant has effectively played at least 9 holes on the same day.